The Forum for the International Association for Word and Music Studies (WMAF) announces its Fourth Biennial International Conference to be held at the Arizona State University in Tempe, Arizona, USA from November 10-12, 2016. Emerging scholars (graduate students and post-docs in particular) active in all areas of Word and Music Studies are warmly invited to participate in the conference.
The primary theme is Music and Sexuality. Questions that may be addressed include:
- emerging topics in gender in literature and music (for instance, the development of the ‘gender queer’ within music and literature in popular culture, or intersections of gender and race)
- explorations of individual works, performances, or artists within the theme
- issues in teaching sexuality through music and literature
- the expression of gender and sexuality as they intersect with racial politics
- topics can range through music of all epochs
Papers should be 20 minutes in length. Submit abstracts of no more than 300 words, including your current location and academic affiliation, to the forum’s email (email@example.com) by 15 April, 2016.
Information, as it becomes available, will be posted at our website: http://www.wmaforum.org
Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org